Saturday 31 March 2012

Day to Night Neon

This week I have decided to experiment with the Neon trend. I love all the pastels in the high street but until I get a bit of a tan they are difficult to wear. Unfortunately the nice weather we had this week appears to have disappeared. So, for now, I am turning to neon to brighten up the days. I have always found the trend a bit tricky as before it was styled with a mixture of neon shades, making you look more clubland than chic. 

But ever since I saw Lorraine Candy, Editor of Elle Magazine testing out the trend she pushed me into achieving the look. I absolutely love her neon jeans and the way she has kept everything else very simple. The minimalist ideal has always worried me, as someone who is a fan of piling on the jewellery I always feel naked without it.

Source: Elle magazine 

But here, with the colour being so eye-catching keeping it simple makes the outfit look even more stylish. I was in H&M recently and found this plain neon t-shirt for £3-an absolute bargain and perfect to ease my way into this trend. Below are my looks from day to night. For the day look I have teamed the t-shirt with some grey/navy slouch pants from Cheap Monday. I picked these up for £10 (sale) at Urban Outfitters and are great for the hours I am spending in the library at the moment. I have also teamed some wedged trainers to add a sport luxe feel, they are from TKMAXX and were reduced from £80 to £20. For the night look I still kept everything very minimal just adding some cropped leather trousers from Topshop at £11 (sale) and chunky court shoes from New Look at £10 (sale). For the evening look I would definitely add some nude nails and smoky eye.

Apologies that the pictures are not too clear, message me if you want more details :)

How are you wearing this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...