Sunday 19 August 2012

Dungarees? How to Style this late Summer Trend

Although in my title I have hinted that this is a late trend this summer it has actually been on the minds of celebs since May 2012. It however has only been brought to my attention through Rita Ora. Yesterday she performed at the V Festival wearing a pair of bright red dungarees.

Source
Since she became popular this year I have always envied her ability to throw together various garments and look effortless cool. My style is much more co-ordinated and however much I try I never feel comfortable clashing prints or colour. But I was a bit stumped by this outfit. Did she really need to add those Timberland boots?

But I didn't hate the dungarees. In fact with the whole one strap look it did actually look okay. I have had only one previous experience with this trend, aged about thirteen and swore never to go there again.

Rita may have taken the plunge yesterday but through some research I discovered that this summer many other celebs have been donning their 'rees.

Alexa Chung and Rachel Bilson
Here Alexa has kept the look simple by just adding some statement accessories, I especially love the cute ties on her shoes. Rachel Bilson looks equally as casual as she teams her baggy dungarees with a simple white t-shirt. Unfortunately I think this looks a little sloppy compared with her normal chic outfits.

If you still remained unconvinced by this trend, take some advice from Rihanna. She pulls of the look by adding a graphic t-shirt and rolling down the straps so that it only hints to the trend rather than embracing it completely.

Source
Here are my top picks for how to get this look on the high street at a great price:

Make a statement like Rita in these 'rees. From left: New Look sale £11 and Republic £35

Keep it cute in this dress like Alexa from River Island sale at £1
Or choose the boyfriend fit like RiRi and Rachel. From left: Urban Outfitters £38 and Topshop £38
Has this changed your mind about this trend? Will you embrace it now? Please comment below :)


6 comments:

  1. dungarees look super comfy and cute! i've yet to buy myself the perfect dungarees u_u
    anyway, i've followed you via gfc!

    http://fayeroco.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faye :) I am in the same boat, it is tricky finding the perfect pair :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 90's are back :) Lovely blog my dear!

    xoxo
    O

    oliviairene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are indeed! :) thank you I love your stylish blog too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know...I have never loved dungarees...
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...