Monday 5 March 2012

Power of the Prints

Ever since the spring/summer collections have squeezed their way onto high street rails, I have loved rifling through the varying prints that have bombarded the garments. Recently I had a good look in H&M and already have a list longer than my dissertation with all the printed clothes they have on offer. I especially love the flower print blouse and matching trouser set. It is reminiscent of  the flower suit that celebrities have been wearing from River Island-but at half the price! 

Source
Following along the lines of this bold trend, my house mates have just got back from a shopping spree at New Look, (the perfect cure I believe when stressed at university) and I was the first one to see what they had purchased. To my delight they had found some great pieces from the stores new collection, especially indulging in the printed trend. Here are a few of their buys:

All New Look, prices from right: Sale £7, £22.99, £12.99

New Look: Top £9.99, Trousers £24.99. Dorothy Perkins: Necklace: £3

All New Look from right: £9.99, £22.99, £5.99


I think New Look has really got this trend sussed with their bold, bright and interesting designs coupled with lots of variety. It means the buyer can really get creative when styling this trend. At great prices too, there is no excuse not to have a try at clashing your prints. It might not be to everyone's taste but even if you cannot see yourself rocking this trend when you go shopping, I think it would be perfect when festival season begins. 

How are you wearing this trend? Please comment below with your tips :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the new prints in the shops at the moment and there are so many to choose from.

    Love your blog and I think it's awesome that you have a knack for finding the clothes that you see celebs wearing on tv because when I attempt to search I never find what I'm looking for, so I know where i will be coming for advice next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...