Wednesday 13 June 2012

What to Wear With...dyed Urban Outfitters Hot Pants

All over the high street a new trend has emerged. The shops have decided to find their ripped denim shorts and update them with a bit of coloured dye. Some have done dip dye, others have had a new colour and tie dye has even appeared. Overall, the look is cute and fun. I have been looking for the perfect pair for a few weeks-and as I am still hunting for a job-needed a pair that fitted my low budget! I found these in Urban Outfitters, which originally at £45 had been reduced to £25 so with my faithful student discount, I managed to buy them at a snip of the normal price at £22.50.


Now that I had found my new wardrobe update I played around with how to wear them. They would look great on the beach, daytime or evening and I have chucked these looks together. I am not one to go crazy with colour so have kept my looks subtle with the focus around these fab pair of shorts.

Beach Look: here I have teamed a purple bandeau from New Look to tone with the lavender dye of the shorts, added some simple flip flops from Office and made the outfit have more interesting by adding a feather necklace from Topshop. This is a very easy look for anyone to put together as they are basic items in your wardrobe. Just remember to add a floppy hat and some sun tan lotion when the sun finally decides to come out again!


Daytime Look: I have decided to mix trends together here but again keeping the colours pretty neutral. I have opted for the sports luxe vibe but added some preppy overtones to keep the outfit quirky. Here I have added a Topshop jersey shirt (I have literally worn it with everything since I brought it, at £12 it is the perfect  wardrobe staple!) and some wedge trainers I found by chance in TKMaxx. As jewelery is always a must with my everyday outfits I have added this Topshop necklace that I found in the sale for £1.50.


Evening Look: Again, I feel I may be playing it a little safe. I debated many other outfit choices, including a variety of sheer blouses but decided on this cute peter pan collar peplum t-shirt I found for a mere £5 in a Vero Moda sale. I added my favourite item of the moment- this Topshop stud bag and some Kurt Geiger cage heels to add some edge. I have always been a massive fan of light denim and black, probably from my indie days but hopefully the peplum makes the outfit on trend!



If this has inspired you to get your own dyed hot pants here are my top 3 from the high street:
Topshop £34 



River Island £35


Miss Selfridge £32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...