Monday 25 June 2012

Hackney Weekend Festival Fashion




So this weekend I was extremely lucky as I attended Radio 1's Hackney Weekend on Saturday, where I danced to the likes of Nero, Maccabees and of course of the incredible Jay Z. It was such an amazing day and I kept my eye out for all the festival fashion! Denim shorts were the usual staple, but dip hem dresses and skirts made a new entry as ladies teamed them with their wellies. Florence and the Machine rocked this trend on the Sunday when she wore this beautiful dress below: 

Source

I also saw so many people in disco pants by American Apparel- I was incredibly envious as they looked as amazing as what the reviews say! They have risen even higher on my wish list now..One lady that I thought would have definitely donned some of these beautiful pants was Jessie J, as she always seems to be in them these days. For this gig however she wore some quirky black and white leggings and orange crop top. Not one of my favourite looks from this singer but glad to see the blunt fringe bob is back!

Source


My favourite outfit of the weekend though, which some may think is surprising, was from Rihanna. She wore a graphic t-shirt, tiny shorts, fish net cycling shorts and lots of gold bling. This may not sound like a fashionistas favourite attire, but I loved the fact she wore something fun and actually quite wearable for a festival. She did not wear sky high heels, and although most of us could never wear shorts THAT tiny, her outfit provided us all with a little inspiration for the coming festivals. I love the fact that it looked like she had put on what she felt comfortable in, even if it might not have been a favourite outfit for the fashion critics! I also need some of those sunglasses for future festivals! 

Source


A fellow cycling shorts lover was myself, as I decided to layer some H&M lace ones over tights. I added a bold print dress from Wallis, parka from New Look, rucksack from Urban Outfitters and chunky gold necklace from Dorothy Perkins. Not forgetting my Primark essentials, some sunglasses and white pumps that I customised with some studs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...