Saturday 18 February 2012

Perfect Prints: Mary Katrantzou for Topshop

Source


Designer collaborations for the high street is something of the norm these days, and I say, keep them coming! There is nothing that gets me more excited than when I see another of my favourite designers has joined forces with my favourite high street store.

 Versace for H&M was one of my highlights as for such a luxe brand to be interested in a collaborative effort is no mean feat. 

But now, there is the up and coming designer Mary Katrantzou who I have championed since her first collections in 2008. Her keen eye for prints always kept me interested. This season she has designed a capsule collection for Topshop which sold out in a matter on hours. This is hardly surprising seeing as the garments are both striking and flattering due to their  original structuring and intricate prints. I love this collection for the high street as it injects some catwalk cool with affordable prices. 

The gorgeous printed leggings which I cannot wait to get my hands on come at a mere £40. Plus, if you fancy buying the dress that Poppy Delevigne wore to the Elle Style Awards it comes at the price of £350. If it is good enough for the celebrity wardrobe, it would be rude not too! Although the collection is sold out online it will be in stores soon. So, I'll see you in the queue! 

How would you style these amazing prints?



Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...