Sunday 12 February 2012

Top Blogger: Top 5 Best Fashion Blogs

As I am determined to make this blog successful , the first thing I needed to do was check out what other fashion bloggers had done with their space on the world wide web. Here are a few of the bloggers that I think are ahead of the fashion pack and have created spaces that are both interesting and inspiring.

Source

1. http://www.iwantyoutoknow.co.uk/

This is a wonderfully personal blog by Kristabel Plummer, a 24 year old fashion knitwear graduate from London. By one glance it has given me so much inspiration. Highlights of this blog include the special giveaways that the blogger organizes for her readers, the amazing photos of things she wants us to know and the kooky background to the blog that she designed herself. I also love this blog as she talks about her experiences of fashion in New York, one of my favourite places in the world. This blog has been featured in Asos, The Guardian and Cosmopolitan and many more.

Source

2. http://www.pangcakes.com/
This blog is by a 19 year old called Yin Pang, who is a student and sales assistant at H&M. I have chosen to recommend this blog because I love the way she advertises H&M, making their clothes look original and quirky. This will be a great reference for my high street blog! Her pictures are also really interesting and she is even selling her unwanted clothes on the site, something that I have never seen before. The layout of the blog is also very clean and easy to read so I will definitely revisit for design ideas.

                                                                                     
3. http://frugal-fashionistas.com/
This blog is focussed on how to achieve a celebrity look for less. The layout is fantastic as they have designed each post as if it is a page in a magazine, making the blog look professional and easy to read. The blog uses shops from America to achieve to look so it would be good to incorporate this idea for a more British feel. The blog is also interactive as they ask their followers to vote on their favourite look. There is also a section where you can ask the bloggers to find you a specific item that you have been lusting after. A great blog that really caters for their followers. 

Source

I am a magazine girl through and through so this blog got me very excited! It is dedicated to magazines and trawls through many to give you the best fashion news so you don’t have to. This is a fabulous idea as it will help me with the latest fashion news from a wide number of sources.  Aside from her magazine commentary she also has a thread on the side of the blog which shows the bloggers favourite buys of the week. I love this blog so much I wish I had thought of this idea first!

Source: Versace's collection for H&M in Cardiff.
5. http://www.cardifffashion.com/
This blog is created by Gwyneth Moore who wanted to share her love for fashion and style. It focuses on representing emerging talent in and around Wales, so it is a great blog to reference as I am blogging from Swansea. However, the blog is not just niche to this as it also encourages more general fashion posts. The Guardian is a big fan of the blog and recommends it frequently.

Who is your favourite fashion blogger and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...