Thursday 2 August 2012

Hat Trick: What I've been Buying X3

H&M wool hat £9.99
I have never had a 'thing' about hats. In fact before last week they always made me feel self conscious, as if I was trying too hard to make a fashion statement and then failing miserably. Some people can pull off a hat so well. Growing up I was always jealous of how easily Daisy Lowe could pull on a trilby and look effortlessly cool. 

So, whilst up in Birmingham visiting my boyfriend, I surprisingly decided to hunt for the perfect hat in the Bullring. It started off as innocently trying to find a summer hat, something to keep me cool whilst I watched the Olympics. I soon discovered that the floppy hat, that was all over the high street at discounted prices as the season ends, was just not me. Whilst the other cowboy style straw hats made me burst out laughing the second I tried it on.

But then I found this wool hat and it was the perfect fit. When I returned home to find the new issue of Elle had been delivered, I was delighted to see that hats were on trend for the new season. This will surely be a great investment!

Revlon Balm Stain in Rendezvous from Boots at introductory price of £5.99 
I also brought this new lipstick as I was bored with my usual red. The orange is a great colour as it is not so 'look at me' with its subtle stain. It also goes great with my skin tone. (Struggling with this review slightly- such a rookie with beauty!) 

Forever 21 sunglasses at £4.90 
Lastly are these sunglasses. These were an impulse buy as I do have quite a few pairs but I loved the shape of these and the brown tortoise frames. These will be a great replacement at festivals etc when I don't want to ruin my Ray Bans..

What have you been buying this week? Will you be embracing the hat trend next season?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...